Monday, July 16, 2007

Cari's Story

*Waves* Hi everyone, my name is Cari, and I am selfish woman. Boy, I just get chills when I think about womens rights, and how I OWN my body. For those of you 'cro-magnos' with few brain cells who are thinking "Well if I own my body, then why Can I not use my body to kill someone?". Well, you cannot kill someone else because they are not your own body, You can however kill YOURSELF. Suicide is not really illegal, only an attempt is, because if you do it CORRECTLY, you die. Get it?

ANYWAYS.. I am a selfish woman, I have had 3 abortions, and would easily have a fourth if my tubal ligation fails. I donate money to charities, and spend time volunteering for many causes, but I am a selfish woman that has had 3 abortions.

My abortions were not done because of lack of education, lack of money, or lack of a caring husband, my abortions were done because I wanted them done. I am quite well off financially, have a great job, and have a wonderful man that I will be spending the rest of my life with. There were no tears after my abortion, after the anesthesia wore off, only a HUGE grin of relief and happiness. I would later have a steak dinner to celebrate, as my morning sickness had not allowed me to eat in a 2 weeks. This was my first abortion, and the two to follow were not much different.

I would also like to add that I am not one of those 'girls' standing in the mirror saying "I'm fat!!", I rather like my size 6 body, and my perky full C cup breasts. I love my body JUST THE WAY IT IS.

If that makes me selfish, then so be it, I am selfish.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I freaking love that you own your body and feel so comfortable with your decisions. You are an inspiration to the young women out there who are buckling under the pressure that society places us under. You have given society the finger and I think that is awesome!

FEMily! said...

Did you have Hyperemesis Gravidarum? There was a woman on Dr. Phil a while back who had that condition during at least one of her pregnancies (maybe all of them), and she had to take liquids through an IV because she couldn't stop puking. I felt so sorry for her. Someone who worked for Dr. Phil had a wife that had the disease during two pregnancies, one which ended in miscarriage. She was in the audience and said, "And it's not easy to say, but I wanted the pregnancies to end. As desperately as I wanted a child, I wanted it to end." Why isn't it easy to say that you want pregnancies that cause you so much emotional and physical torture to end? Even women who are going through such a horrible experience with pregnancy can't even say they don't want to be pregnant anymore without feeling guilty. It's sad.

If you go to drphil.com and search for hypermesis, you can read the stories of the women who suffered with the disease.

Anonymous said...

For those of you 'cro-magnos' with few brain cells who are thinking "Well if I own my body, then why Can I not use my body to kill someone?".

Philosophically-speaking, this is not a stupid objection, which is shown by your (cogent) response to it. (If I own X, why can I not dispose of it how I choose? What justifies taxation?) Why did you feel the need to stereotype some class of men as inferior human beings with less brainpower than you? Is that an integral part of this site?

Megan said...

To anonymous part deux:

What one woman sends in is not a reflection on the site as a whole. Also, the term "cro-magno" is not necessarily meant to reflect only men in terms of just being a phrase. Whether Cari meant it that way is up to her. However, the term does not inherently mean men, unless you think men are an entire species.

Anonymous said...

Is this feminism carried out to its logical conclusion? I hope not.

Megan said...

This is one woman's story, anonymous 3.